Today we live in a digital age where privacy is very important, like all social media platforms LinkedIn is also concerned about user privacy and allows it control from account settings. However, when you view someone’s profile they get notified that you viewed it! This may cause them to think why did you do it? This is why we teach you how to view a LinkedIn profile without signing in and staying completely anonymous. Our method works without an account, awesome right?
We are able to control who can view our data like profile page and information of contact. These can carry information regarding someone’s business, their type of career and the business they run.
It also allows users to have control over their visibility as well in online searches such as visibility in the search engines. Follow through to know more.
What is LinkedIn’s Private Mode made for
With the private mode, you can prevent users from seeing who has visited your profile. In such as mode you hide your identity and can’t be traced.
We have this option both in basic and premium accounts but they have another advantage of seeing these users who have viewed it.
If you are a beginner then switch to private mode as like this you can privately browse the platform to see with whom to connect.
This is also good if you are searching for a job and don’t want your colleagues to know.
However, keep in mind that this shall affect your visibility in search results and many companies shall conduct a search when searching for employees so think twice about this.
To peacefully recruit candidates switch to private mode as you shall save yourself from getting a lot of messages. You can build a suitable list and go through their social without them knowing. Once selected, you can start interacting with them.
For research purposes, we suggest that you stick to private mode. If running a project in which you need to collect data then you might be considered as someone who is spying on someone especially if you are popular.
The benefits of using private mode
- You are able to browse profiles without getting detected.
- Help recruiters look for employees without getting them to know which helps them to screen and pick the ones they want.
- You can learn about the career achievements of your ex-husband, ex-employee, and anyone you want.
- Security agencies can spy on suspects without them knowing.
- Child services stalk accounts to see what is being done regarding careers.
- You don’t need to use a VPN service like NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
The disadvantages of being in private mode
- You get anonymous to others plus you can’t see who viewed your profile.
- It affects interactions on the network.
- If you want to connect with people regarding your career or business then it is recommended not to change your account to private.
- Users who search your name shall not visible to you.
6 Ways To View a LinkedIn Profile Without Signing in or having an Account
#1 – Search Users Without an Account
This can be done by searching the name of the user of Google which can only be done if the owner has not restricted their privacy settings from public view. Many users allow their profile to be visible from the settings and can be found when searched on Google.
There are many users who intend to view profiles but don’t want to be detected as the platform shows notifications to the users when they are being viewed.
However, it carries an option in which users can view profiles but in a private mode, with this, they get the notification but don’t know who has viewed them.
#2 – Adjust your privacy configuration
Privacy settings can be adjusted by both free and premium members but keep in mind that doing so shall affect your visibility.
If you are hunting down a job and don’t want to hide your identity much then you need to make sure that you are visible to recruiters during a search and that all information on your profile is visible such as your qualification and contact number.
Moreover, set your account to private mode but do it temporarily.
#3 – Change the content of your account
- Login to your account.
- Navigate and from the menu click on the “me” icon.
- After this click on “settings and privacy” > “privacy tab”.
- When here select “change” which can be found next to “viewing options”.
- You shall see an option “select what others can see when you view their profile”, select the option you want but we suggest you choose “show name and headline”.
- Save settings and hit “exit”.
#4 – Keep your public view in control
Now, this is where you control what others can view. With the setting, you control public view. To adjust privacy settings you need to:
- Login to your account.
- From the navigation menu select the “me” icon.
- Once done, choose settings and privacy > privacy tab”.
- Next, select “edit public”.
- Hit “edit visibility” which can be found at the right side of the screen.
#5 – Track your profile views on each search
- Log into your account.
- Visit the dashboard of the profile page and you shall be able to see data of views which has been generated. As a free member, there is not a lot of information and you shall see.
- A number of visits.
- A number of times they appeared in its search results.
- Five results of users who viewed the profile.
#6 – Check popularity for Premium Members
- You need to log in to your account.
- Once done, navigate to the page.
- Next, click on “who viewed your profile” which can be seen under “welcome” on the left side.
This is what you will see:
- Users list who viewed the page in the last 90 days.
- Graph displaying visitors’ weekly trends like either they have dropped or increased.
- Profile visitor’s weekly viewer insight.
Should you contact them?
You can send them an email or a connection request if they think they can be helpful. When hunting down for a job it is recommended that you contact companies or recruiters who have visited your social.
Send them a message telling who you are and why you need to connect with them but keep in mind not to mention something like they visited your profile and only focus on the need to connect.
It is not a bad idea even if you mention they have visited your profile but in the case of a recruiter, you don’t need to start asking for a job rather focus on the point that you need to enhance your knowledge and experience by interacting with them or their organization.
ALSO CHECK: How To Fix Something Went Wrong Try Again Error in Twitter.
How to Browse LinkedIn Profiles Anonymously
- Visit your account and go to “photo, then choose “privacy and settings”.
- On mobile, you need to click on “picture” > “view settings”.
- Next, hit on “visibility” which can be found on the left and choose “viewing options” and hit “change”, such options can be found on the mobile phone as well.
- You shall see the private mode option, switch it to “ON”.
Privacy-centric browser extensions help
- Anonymous browsing.
- Navigate the platform without leaving a trail.
As you become anonymous keep in mind that the last date shall be eliminated from the profile and other users you have made a visit to. Make sure to have a backup of your data before becoming anonymous.
There is always an option to switch back, for this follow the same steps when activating the private mode option, just check in the default radio option which supports the public view.
After Reverting to Public Account, can users see your visits and search History?
Even if you revert back to public view it shall not reveal any of your history so without any worry go return to default mode without the worry of getting exposed.
ALSO CHECK: Fix Instagram Reels Not Working After App Update.
How To Stay Anonymous on LinkedIn without using private mode
If you don’t want to switch to private mode and want to stay anonymous then there are two options; you either log out of your account before doing searches or visiting any end site, if not then go incognito and then visit them whereas the second option is that you open a separate account with a different name like this they may see who viewed their profile but they don’t know that it is not a real account.
The second option is to open an account with another name, like this they may see who viewed the page but don’t know that it is not a real account.
Be very careful when creating another account, make sure that you make use of a different mail address, IP address and then make visits to as many profiles as you want.
RECOMMENDED: How To View Someone’s Private Instagram Profile Without them knowing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is viewing LinkedIn Profiles without an account illegal?
No, this is public information as long as their account is in the public domain accessible via a web page it is safe to view their profile.
Does the other person get notified of who viewed their profile?
If you are viewing a Linkedin profile from Google search while you are logged out from your own account, the other person will not be notified.
LinkedIn is the biggest social media site for professionals, period! There is no other such platform where employees and employers can sign up, share their profession, skills and experience. However, if you are researching about a company before applying for a job and want to search about your manager, CTO or CEO then this is the guide for you. You will learn to view LinkedIn profiles without signing in or having to create an account. You will be able to do all of this anonymously.