Instagram is a massive social media site and app. It is highly popular among people aged 25-34. As this platform is a media-heavy platform and mainly users only save images and videos, they are in high demand! This means that people do stalk you and save your work without your permission. This is why we have shared the 2 best methods that you can use to see who saved your Instagram post.
Table of Contents
Advantages and Disadvantages of being able to see who is saving your posts
Insights and data
This media platform is all about sharing your stuff from new haircuts to a new dress. Its huge variety of filters makes the sharing look even more beautiful. Once a filter has been applied it adds more charm and beauty to the pictures. Though, do not use them that match, and let your pictures look true in many cases.
Increased audience appeal
The best thing about Instagram is its platform which is quite appealing. Now, with its visual content, we might expect it to be both slow and messy but this is not the case as it is very neat and organized. It has no flood of information like Facebook. The best thing is that it allows users to organize their profile in an efficient manner like it has a nice appeal which is one of the reasons why people prefer using this medium rather than other photo-sharing platforms.
Though without any intention it has come out to be a great hub for travelers, its geo-tagging feature works very smoothly allowing us to add the location of all the pictures taken. Moreover, you can also view other images like public images which are shared by users who were at the same location.
Control over privacy
The platform takes its privacy very seriously if you wish to keep your pictures private between followers then they shall remain private without any ifs and buts. There is no means to bypass privacy settings. You shall even see its profile picture to be private as well. There is no downloading of videos though there are other means through which this can be done.
We have already bragged about the platform being the best to post pictures and promote your brand but it has many ads or sponsored publishments.
All from companies to big organizations to individuals all are promote themselves on it by throwing in some money. All this should not be a bad thing, right? Well, it seems like when you see an ad after every 5-to-6 posts then it becomes frustrating.
Social media addictiveness
We all know that social media platforms can be highly addictive; the same is the case with Instagram. People spend most of their time on it. Those who do not share many stories, videos, or even pictures are seemed to be spending their time on it viewing or stalking others. In short, all this wastes a lot of time.
After its popularity, the most negative thing was seen as the sudden surge of teenage celebrities. People usually get famous overnight on something viral and gather millions of followers. This creates a drift in each heart to become famous and many try to make a fake life which they share on Instagram to get famous which is highly toxic and affects mentality as well.
It carries a web version as well but the drawback is that it lacks many features. Now, what the platform is doing is keeping all its users closely intact with the application and not providing access to the web version. Though, it is having the same features of the app on the site slowly such as stories and others but doesn’t expect all features on the web.
Technical app issues
- Has a terrible version of the web.
- Its privacy settings are global which can’t be set for individual images.
- Any third-party application is able to compromise your account and subscribe you to some random accounts.
- It has so-called tech support which is not too good. If you are facing some issues like not being able to share pictures in other applications or are experiencing errors while browsing the feed then there is technically no one to help you and you are on your own.
2 Ways To See Who Saved Your Instagram Post or Pictures (Free)
#1: Do a poll and ask your followers
- You need to click on the topic regarding which you need to ask your followers about.
- Then take a screenshot of the page.
- Click on the “home” option to return to the main Instagram feed.
- After this, you need to click on the “stories icon” which looks like a camera for those who are unaware. You can find this at the top left corner to start a new story.
- Swipe up in order to browse for the screenshot of the post.
- Next, click on the screenshot image so that it can be added to the story.
- Hit the “text icon” in order to add a message to the followers, now in such case something like “who have saved this post?”.
Tip: If you wish to engage with all your followers then what you can do is try asking them a question with an Instagram Questions Sticker.
- Once done click on “done”.
Tip: You can make the text smaller in size the pinching the screen; for this, you need to drag two fingers apart in order to enlarge it.
- Click on stories in order to publish them to all your followers. They shall be able to reply through DM (Direct Message).
#2: Switch to Business Account
If you seem to be having a personal account then you need to switch to a free business or creator account.
- Select settings > account and then choose switch to a business account or switch to creator account.
Follow the prompts below to complete the process:
- You need to click on the “profile icon” to view posts. Now, this looks like a silhouette.
- Once done, click on the one you want to view the save account for.
- After this, click on view insights that are present under the image or video. You shall see a variety of stats. There is a bookmark icon that refers to how many times a user or a follower has saved one to one of his collections.
Now, seeing who saved it can be more important than tracking the number of likes as saving a post to the collection means someone not only likes your content but also wishes to share it or refer back to it. However, there is no way to see who has saved your post and to what collection the reason behind this is privacy.
Privacy is a beautiful thing, isn’t it? However, you have to protect and guard it. This is why we are explaining how you can see who saved your Instagram post or picture via the app or on desktop, simple! This will teach you how you can see if you have any such stalkers or are just curious to see who is saving your images without your consent.