If your Firestick connected TV has a front camera then you can learn how to install Zoom cloud meetings on your Firestick and have a video conference with your colleagues. This is a subscription-based application that has 3 different plans. Basic is recommended but has limitations. It is able to host up to 100 participants only with a time limit of 40 minutes at each meeting. For many users, this is more than enough.
Table of Contents
- 1 What does Zoom have to offer?
- 2 (Guide) How to Install Zoom Cloud Meetings on FireStick TV
- 3 How to use Zoom Cloud Meetings App on FireStick After Installation
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Closing statement
What does Zoom have to offer?
Below are the core and useful features that you can enjoy:
- Make HD video and audio calls and add up to 100 participants (depending on the plan).
- Calls and chats are protected with end-to-end encryption.
- Record your meetings and store them in the cloud or offline.
- Comes with an in-built calendar to record meetings. It alerts you to meetings.
- This can be integrated with Gmail and outlook account with ease.
(Guide) How to Install Zoom Cloud Meetings on FireStick TV
You can find the application at the Amazon App store, so you can install it easily on your Firestick quite easily.
- Go to the “search icon” on the screen.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type “Zoom Cloud Meetings” and look it up.
- Select the application and select “Get icon” on the next screen.
- It shall now begin to download. Once done, click on “Open Icon run the zoom cloud meetings app on Firestick”.
Alternative Method #2
There is an alternative way as well to get it, use a PC to download apps on Firestick.
- Open your browser and go to Amazon.com.
- Log in with the account using the device.
- After this, you need to go to the search bar and search for “zoom cloud meetings”.
- Select this and click the Get Application button on the next screen.
- Now the Firestick shall be displayed, click it.
- You need to wait for 6 to 8 minutes on average.
How to use Zoom Cloud Meetings App on FireStick After Installation
Once installation is complete, it is time to make calls using this application.
- There shall be 4 options; new meetings, join, calendar and share screen.
- You need to click on the “new meeting option” to organize a new meeting. When online, select participants and invite friends or colleagues to join it.
- If you carry an ID meeting, click on the “option to join” and enter the meeting ID to join a meeting.
- If you wish to disconnect, then click on the “send button” at the top right.
If you are working from home then this is best suited for business and professional workers.
- Visit the official site and click on the “sign up, it’s free” button to create an account. You can utilize your work account or signup with a Facebook or Google account. If you are using Zoom already then skip this part and go to the next section.
- As mentioned before, if you are already a user, visit the site, click sign in and log into the account.
- You shall be given some options to choose from, click on the new meeting option to start a meeting.
- After this you need to be in a video gathering room, choose “invite” which is present at the bottom of the screen.
- A new tab shall appear on the window, viewing different methods for inviting members to the call; you shall be in the contact window by default.
- If you have a contact list beforehand, simply chose the person you want to join the meeting and then chose “invite” which is there at the bottom right corner of the screen. You can also select the email tab to send an invitation.
- After making a selection, an email shall appear with different methods for the user to join. Enter recipients you want in the course, in the TO bar, and hit the “send” button.
- Now, wait for them to join the session, once done and want to end click the end meeting option which is there at the bottom right corner of the screen.
How can I remove Zoom from my FireStick?
Once you are done using it, stop mirroring from the device by going into the system’s settings and hitting the “disconnect button”. This can also be ended by clicking on the “home button”, once you have stopped casting, you need to go back to the application on your system, where the meeting is still on. Click on the “end meeting” option or “leave the meeting” if you want other members to continue the session without you.
How can I cast a Zoom meeting?
After you have used this application to cast a session using windows 10, now you may think about how to cast by using a Mac. Well, Mac does not provide any attribute to cast screen to TV. Therefore, you have the option to use different applications for this. There are some smart TVs such as Sony and Samsung that support these applications from Mac to TV.
Can you use an HDMI cable to cast your Zoom Meeting?
It might happen that you do not have a Firestick, Roku, or any other streaming device. Now, what to do in such a situation well do not worry as you can still mirror this from your system to TV by using an HDMI cable. All you need to do is join it with your system to the TV and modify your TV source to the adequate HDMI port by using the remote control. Your work here is done, now whatever is viewed on your system shall be mirrored on your TV as well.
Does the above method involve sideloading Zoom?
Yes, you will be downloading and installing the App from the web if not using their official App Store.
I hope the above shared latest method on installing Zoom Cloud Meetings on your FireStick TV was helpful to you. We also touched on the topic of casting a meeting to your TV so you have a much better experience. Do let us know what tips you have been using to achieve this in the comments below.