This OS version was released back in 2001 and changed the way the world looked at computers. It was the successor to Windows 2000 and Windows Me, already going down memory lane? Me too! The system was highly acclaimed and got a lot of praise due to its fine-tuned UI, better-developed hardware support and best performance. Product activation system that came along it was not very well-received. This was initially known as Neptune during development in 1999.
As it came out it got successful both in the industry and with customers. It improved the features of the previous systems. This page provides you with safe methods to get a Windows XP SP3 ISO Free Download in Full Version, which is for 32-bit and 64-bit disc images that are official and untouched. This is to give you peace of mind that this OS is safe for installation.
People enjoyed the games on it. Many people still download it OS for some good old memories. It came with good stability and performance. Users were comfortable with improvised hardware support. Both user-friendliness and beautifully designed UI made people buy it. It safeguarded users from unsafe attachments during download. It was for all from casual computer users to software enthusiasts.
What features does Windows XP have?
Normally it carries a Graphics Design Interface, which is an Application Programming Interface used to send graphical objects towards output devices. In this version it got replaced with a new one that was to be coded using C++.
This was called GDI+, with these images looked clearer plus the visual enhancements were also attributed to effects and implementations like
- Clear Type: to improve the text on display screens.
- Gradient Shading: to increase the depth of web pages and the usability of buttons.
- Drop Shadows: this carries a drawing element that resembles an object’s shadow. This has been used for windows, menus, and even text labels for icons.
- Alpha Composting: in this, an image is combined with the background to produce full or partial transparency. This is used to combine different separate images into a final composite image.
The start menu changed to the two-column layout which displayed frequently and recently used apps. More than one user can use this as different sessions can be allocated to various users and switching can take place when required. Though, only single-use can use the complete console at once.
Why use Windows XP – Features that matter
- NAT APIs: This provided confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity by allowing traffic in the network to reach the destination when the public address was not available.
- ICT (Firewall): This provided firewall protection for incoming data packets, the same was not provided to outgoing packets.
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service: This helped the system during downloads or uploads between remote server and system. Through prioritization and throttling, it was carried out effectively.
- Tunnelling with IPV6: This provided an IPV6 connection to systems with an IPV4 connection. Other benefits like larger address space, a simplified header, auto-configuration, quicker routing, and anycast support.
- Remote Assistance RDP: This allowed the user to control their system over the internet and solve problems that arise without touching it directly.
- TAPI: This allowed apps to manage and handle calls between the system and the telephone network. Basic functions included dialing, answering, and hanging up calls.
- QoS: This one had benefits like shaping network traffic, setting traffic across the network, and managing network congestion.
- RDS: With this user can take over a virtual machine over a proper network connection. This was the Microsoft implementation of the thin-client architecture.
- Navigation is much better: Users can now navigate through an interface more effectively. Following are some of the features:
- Newly designed Start-up menu: Dual column helped users to navigate where they needed to go on the screen.
- Notifications are bigger: Any notifications that users do not want to see would be hidden away.
- Initiative taskbar: Carries a better design, icons were grouped in a way so that they are clicked upon easily.
Further changes detected:
Faster App Start-up
It was introduced to improve startup and apps launch time. The process of caching underlaid is working. If any specific software required a specific set of files then they would be cached by it into RAM. This leads to less searching for frequently used files, leading to an increase in running speed.
This was implemented so any media on the system could not replicate. This was known as Product Activation. The user is provided with a unique ID used to activate the windows system which if not done within 30 days on the system then OS shall not work. Activate windows in cases where major changes to hardware were detected; this ensured it worked effectively without any defects.
READ ALSO: Best Desktop Gadgets to have on your screen.
How to Install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) ISO Image – Virtualbox or VMware
- Go to the required page and click on the download button. Wait till the executable file is downloaded. It shall not be installed immediately after.
- Click right on this, click on the option “7-Zip”, and select the option Open Archive ”followed by“ cab.
- Once done, 3 files shall be shown. Another 3 shall be found upon clicking on the file “sources”. On selecting the xpm file, XP mode virtual hard drive folder shall open.
- Extract files by selecting the “extract” option in the toolbar. A new folder shall be created to which all extracted should be sent. Once done, click on “OK”.
- Go to the location where files have been transferred. In here select “VirtualXPVHD” file and rename it by adding a “.” Between letters P and V so it is entitled as “VIRTUALXP.VHD”. This converts it to a virtual hard disk.
- Now download a virtualization program to run a new virtual copy of XP on it. Download the virtual box for this purpose.
- Once downloaded, open it and click on “new”. Export mode shall be chosen and the virtual machine shall be named.
- Some amount of RAM memory needs to be allocated to a new virtual machine (value between 512 MB and 2048 MB).
- Fetch the virtual hard disk created earlier and allocate it to the virtual machine.
- Click on the “create” option.
- Before going further ahead, change some settings. To do this, chose the “system” and then “boot order” option.
- After this click on the “display” and then “video memory” option needs to be adjusted to 128 MB.
- Now, going back to the VirtualBox; click on network settings and confirm it all settings have been applied to it properly.
- Boot the newly installed OS; restart it when they arrive at a black screen. After ignoring all installation prompts which come their way, go to “devices”.
- Under this select “Install Guest Additions CD image” option and default installation location should be chosen by the user.
- Once done, reboot the system again.
READ ALSO: Download the most popular Windows 10 4k themes.
Windows XP Official ISO Image Honest Review
A bit of criticism and shortcomings were faced by the OS. Its user interface is although friendly but annoyed experienced users at times as they felt they did not need the extra help that it was offering to navigate through the system. Moreover, it was too much expensive for all to afford. The new product activation was not met with warmth from users who found it quite difficult to use.
It can be installed on one system as it possessed a single-user license. The OS has been found to have some poor security features which mean it was highly susceptible to attacks from malware. The system was prone to crash and could not be used on the old hardware.
By April 8, 2014, Microsoft stopped providing support to it. They made a decision to not provide any more technical or security updates for the operating system. If we look back, home edition ISO became quite a popular Microsoft product of all time. Today it may not hold up as strongly as it did all the way back when it got released but has earned it place rightly in history as an amazing product to be rocked with.
It changed the game for Microsoft completely and helped to cement them as a technological giant in the industry. Though the new versions had come after it is still used by people who fell in love with it all those years ago.
When it comes to security, I would highly advise you to stay away from this OS now. There are hundreds of vulnerabilities reportedly in the wild. As it is outdated now and no longer receives any official updates. However, it is still being used on ATM machines worldwide and even some banks are using it.
Windows XP SP3 Official ISO Image Full Version Free Download in 32-Bit/64-Bit
I hope you will enjoy the Windows XP SP3 ISO image download that comes in its full version for free. We have given below both the 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) variants for you to install. These are all the versions along with the below product key:
This is the official universal key that you can use for activation:
QW4HD DQCRG HM64M 6GJRK 8K83T
- CPU: Intel or AMD at 733 MHz.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- HDD: 6 GB (free space requirement)
- Hardware: CD-ROM drive.
- Graphics: Integrated GPU or Super VGA.
- External: Keyboard and mouse.