This is a password recovery tool for Windows 10, 8, 7, Android and Mac. With this, you can easily recover different kinds of credentials by:
- Sniffing networks.
- Cracking encrypted passwords using the Dictionary.
- Brute force and Cryptanalysis attacks.
- Recording VoIP conversations.
- Decoding scrambled ones.
- Recovering wireless network keys.
- Revealing boxes where they are entered.
- Un-covering cached values.
- Analyzing routing protocols.
Cain and Abel free download provides you with the tools you need to successfully brute force your forgotten pins. It was developed by “Oxid” however, it is no longer maintained and updated further.
Let’s show you everything it is capable of doing!
How does Cain and Abel work?
It does not exploit any of the program vulnerabilities or bugs that cannot be fixed with little effort. It is able to cover up some of the security aspects or weaknesses that are available in protocol’s standards, authentication methods and caching mechanisms. The main purpose behind this is to recover credentials from different sources however it is able to ship in some non-standard utilities for Microsoft users.
It has been developed in the hope that it shall be beneficial for network administrators, teachers, security consultants, forensic staff, security software vendors, professional penetration tester, and all who plan to use it for some ethical reasons.
We shall not help or support any illegal activity done to it. keep in mind that there are chances you can cause damage and loss of data using this and that in no events we will be liable for such damage or loss. So, please be careful and read the license agreement included in the program before using it.
The new version is fast and carries many new features which as Arp Poison Routing (ARP); this is used to enable sniffing on switched LANs and Man-in-the-Middle-Attacks. The sniffer used in this version is able to analyze protocols like SSH-1 and HTTPS and carries filters to capture credentials from a wide range of authentication mechanisms.
It is also used to ship routing protocols authentication monitors and routes extractors, dictionary and brute force crackers for all the common hashing algorithms and for different specific authentications, hash calculators, cryptanalysis attacks, password decoders and some not very much common utilities that are related to network and system security.
READ ALSO: Download Orbot VPN and stay safe online.
Learn how to use Cain and Abel (Step-by-Step)
This is a windows password recovery tool that comes in free. It is not the top choice of many users. It works similarly to the other recovery tools but the cons are simply more than the pros.
It is fast but considering this you need to install it on your system from a working user account, we, however, do not recommend this program over other great tools such as Ophcrack and Offline NT password, and Registry Editor.
If you have access to an account on your system then, by all means, give this a try, it may be something that you are looking for.
Why its the best:
- Different methods can be used to crack passwords.
- Recommended by various security experts.
- Password recovery is fast at least with what we have tested.
Some issues with this tool:
- You need to download separate “Rainbow Tables” from other sources online.
- The program needs to be installed on the hard drive, unlike other recovery tools.
- The user needs to have access to another administrator account on the system.
- A variety of other built-in tools may intimidate novice users.
- It does not seem to work in windows 10, 8, 7, or windows vista.
- All depending upon the rainbow tool which is going to be used, it can recover up to 99.9% of passwords from any windows account.
- It is able to access different types of passwords in addition to windows passwords.
- It can work with Windows XP, 2000, and Windows NT.
Is Cain and Able safe for installation?
Yes, it is 100% safe to use and install. However, you have to only install it from trusted-sources and websites. This is so you get a clean copy as opposed to one infected with adware or any other harmful code.
Cain and Abel Honest Review
The version v4.9.56 performs a good job when it comes to recovering passwords even to the ones belonging to others. If anyhow you do not have any way to get into your Windows PC then you shall not be able to use this.
It is used to find passwords for other accounts on your system. It is not able to find the one of a single account windows system as you need to have access to windows in order to install it. You can try others like Ophcrack and Offline NT Password and Registry Editor if you are in such a kind of situation.
Now, to get started with this:
- You need to pay a visit to their website.
- Once done, install it on your system.
- During this, you shall be prompted to install WinPcap which is totally fine.
Before you use this tool, you need to have a Rainbow table which is a large database of passwords that are needed, also known as a wordlist dictionary. you need to download the free XP rainbow tables, extract files to a folder on your desktop.
- Begin by opening the “Cain” program.
- After this click on the “Cracker” tab.
- From the left side, you need to choose “LM and LTLM Hashes”.
- After this select the “big blur plus sign” there on the Cain toolbar.
- You need to be sure that the “Import Hashed from local System” is checked.
- Click on “Next”.
- All the user accounts shall be loaded to the right.
- Click right on the username that you require the password for.
- Click on cryptanalysis attack > LM Hashes > via RainbowTables (OphCrack).
- In LM Hashes Cryptanalysis window, choose the … window and click on the folder you extracted the rainbow tables to.
- Click on “OK” and then “Start”.
Cain and Abel Alternative Options
- Wireshark – Used for logging network and packet analysis.
- Aircrack-ng – The main purpose is for guessing wireless network pin.
- Hashcat – A powerful brute-forcing tool which is open-source.
Download Cain and Abel for Windows 10, 8, 7, Android and Mac (2021)
We have all been in a situation where we forget our login details over time. Cain and Abel download allows you to exactly recover your passwords with ease. It is available for various platforms including Windows, Android and Mac. More details on this tool can be found here.
Unfortunately, at the time of writing this page, there is no official support for Mac. You can however run it in a virtual environment. This can be done by running Windows on VMWare or Virtualbox and then installing this tool on there.