This is a powerful network simulation tool for cisco networks. You can simulate a complete one without connecting the devices physically. It is great for learning to become a Network Administrator, Network Engineer, or even an instructor! It saves you a lot of money because you do not have to buy all the switches, routers, and ethernet cables to learn.
This page will provide you with the download of Cisco Packet Tracer 32-Bit and 64-Bit the latest version for Windows 10, along with some tips on how to use it.
- 1 What is Cisco Packet Tracer
- 2 What you need to be able to Download
- 3 How to Use Packet Tracer (Video Tutorial)
- 4 Cisco Packet Tracer Alternatives
- 5 Download Packet Tracer 7.3.1 Labs for practicing
- 6 Download Cisco Packet Tracer 32-Bit/64-Bit for Windows 10 (2021 Latest)
- 7 Download Cisco Packet Tracer App for Android and iOS
What is Cisco Packet Tracer
A powerful software that carries a drag and drop interface. It is easy to use and highly effective while configuring complex networks.
It is also able to run as a hybrid network combining physical networks and simulated networks. All this can be done by using drag and drop visual interface. This is something that makes this software quite unique and highly useful across institutes and individuals around the world for all who wish to learn and practice networking skills before touching production networks.
This is seemed to be a better initiative by the team for:
All can benefit from skills and career building.
Why it’s the best software to learn networking
- It comes in free for all. It allows students to have hands-on skills in this network. Previously, it was only free for its academy students.
- Practice complete Cisco Packet Tracer labs from the Networking Academy in their skills and career-building program to learn (CCENT, CCN, CCNP Security, and CCNP switch exams, in fact, any of its certification.
- With this users can run simulations on all devices that are compatible with this including Windows, Linux, and Android mobile devices.
- Run and practice its IOS OS without a physical route and network.
- You can also run it on a mobile device.
- Once you have downloaded this, the installation process is just as simple as running the download setup file and follows instructions (pressing the next button).
- After the process of installation, if you have any browser open, you shall be asked to “close it” with the following message:
For Packet Tracer Skill-Based Assessment (PTSBA) to use this version of Packet Tracer, please close all web browsers or restart your computer.
- After this, you shall be shown another notice that you are running this for the first time therefore your files shall be saved into the default folder.
- You will then get a login screen. Either log in with its OneID and password or run software as a guest. For running as a guest, press the “guest login” button there is the bottom right side of the window. One of the caveats of this login is that you shall have to wait for a few seconds and then press the “confirm guest” button to begin using this.
- Start using this upon your choice.
It is free to download this but the user needs to register for Netacad Networking Academy, this is free as well. This is helpful due to the fact that you shall need to sign in with the same ID when you run the tool.
What you need to be able to Download
- In the first step, you need to go to the “Signup page for an introduction to packet tracer course on Netacad academy”.
- Type in “first name, last name, email address”, hit the “submit button”.
- After this check, your email, click on the “get started link to access your account”. Not received any email? Check your spam mail.
- Once it is activated, go to it and sign in with your OneID that you have just created.
- Once logged in, visit the “packet tracer download page”, there under the download section, download the latest version of it.
Users can also click on the following links directly to start downloading its offline installer:
There are going to be times when you would want to download previous versions of it. The last ones are available for download.
How to Use Packet Tracer (Video Tutorial)
You can find various tutorials on youtube and the internet that can help and guide you through the network learning process by using it. For us, the best tutorial is Cisco NetAcad.
- In the first step, you need to go to “netacad.com”.
- Once there, sign-in with your OneID.
- Once done, click on any of the following links to begin a guided tour of the packet tracer and how to use it.
Cisco Packet Tracer Alternatives
1.GNS3: This is much more heavily focused on the graphical aspect of networks. It is more visual in representation when compared to Packet Tracer. It is also used by professional architects to build complex network designs.
2.Dynamips: A much simple alternative that only emulates the routers and nothing else.
Download Packet Tracer 7.3.1 Labs for practicing
There are various labs available online, however, the below ones are the best to learn various networking concepts, protocols, and technologies such as NTP, DHCP, and IPv6.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 32-Bit/64-Bit for Windows 10 (2021 Latest)
Below are both of the Cisco Packet Tracer x86 and x64 versions download that are the most current and stable releases.
Note: No Sign-in is required below.