Unfortunately, if you get the message from Google Drive that you cannot view or download this file at this time anymore then don’t worry as you can bypass the Google Drive download limit for a shared file which only stays 24 hours computing the recent activity.
You see such an error message due to the Google Drive sharing limit which is not disclosed by officials. How to bypass Google Drive Download Limit is what will still allow you to access your important files without using a downloader.
Now it may show you two similar messages which are mostly the same. At first, it shows something which is related to Google Drive quota being exceeded whereas the second one says “sorry you can’t view or download this file at this time”. Now, for both these, the solution is the same.
What is the Google Drive Download Limit Quota Exceeded Error
Let’s suppose you are to share a file with some friends online whose size is big or share a file on the site or social media account. Definitely, users are going to download it from your storage but the thing is that it does not offer an unlimited transfer of data.
When it sees an unusual amount of bandwidth consumption happening in the account it puts a stop on the limit, due to this we get an error message which says:
Error: Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently
What you can do is give it another try after 24 hours. Though the door gets opened but has a lot of risk for the user to download the file from the account. You also need to remove it from the account as well else it shall lead to a permanent ban which is not good.
For those who don’t know this limit for sharing the file is applied to each user regardless of being a regular subscriber of GSuite or Google Apps Subscriber. Like this, we get to know that it does not like nepotism on any user. Though there is no public statement on the sharing quote of Drive, we can assume that it is being done to prevent privacy.
Bypass Google Drive Download Limit (A step-by-step guide)
- You need to sign in to the account after opening link of the file link.
- Then click on the “Drive Icon” in order to add a shortcut to the account.
- Next, select any location to bypass the limit of download.
- Open “Account” and click right on the file while has been added.
- After this, you need to choose the “make a copy” option from the context menu.
- Then select the download option in order to have a local copy.
So, you need to follow the steps below to bypass the download quota exceeded error:
- Once you have opened the file link, sign in to your account.
- In the file URL just replace “UC” with “open”.
- Load the page again and bypass download quota exceeded error.
- Next, click on the “Add to My Drive” icon.
- Choose the very same option again in order to confirm.
- After this open your account and click right on the file added.
- Choose the “make a copy” option there from the context menu.
- Then you need to choose the “download option” in order to have the file to your system.
Now, this shall make a copy of the file in your storage and then you shall be able to save the file from your account to your system.
Now, let’s see how we can comprehend them from top to bottom.
- First, you need to sign in to the Google Account in the browser.
- After this open link to the file that you want.
- The default URL looks something like the following:
- In here you do not need to replace “us” or “d” with “open” in the file URL.
- It shall give us more options.
- Keep in mind that the URL depends upon the file we wish.
- In such as case, you are getting “open” text in the URL so there is no need to make any kind of change.
- Once you have reloaded the browser page, it shall give you a preview of the file with some options on the top.
- In here you need to hit the “Add to My Drive” icon which looks the same as the logo.
- You shall now find the file there in the root directory.
- Though it is linked to your account it is still not saved in the storage.
- For this, you need to click right on the file.
- Choose the “make a copy” option there from the context menu.
Now, we have another option which is called “download” through this we can grab the file to our local storage or system.
After performing the last step we shall be able to have access to the file separately. For those who don’t know these steps shall allow the user to save big files from the drive even when the limit is exceeded.
ALSO CHECK: Reset Mega Transfer Quota Exceeded Limit.
Bypassing Exceeded Quota Error in Google Drive
If you own the file and users are reporting to you regarding such an issue then there is a simple solution to your problem.
- First, you need to stop sharing the file which is causing such a problem.
- Click right on the file.
- Once done, choose the “make a copy” option, this shall make a duplicate file in the storage.
- Rename this and choose a different name.
- Next, create a link that can be shared and then share this with your followers or recipients.
After this, you shall not get any problem regarding this. Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution as we are already caught red-handed by Google. So, use this when it’s quite urgent to share an important file with your circle for educational reasons.
- Click right on the file with which we have problems.
- Hit the “make a copy” option in order to copy the file.
- You now own the file.
- Next, you need to choose the file and hit the “download” option.
RECOMMENDED: 5 Working Methods To Bypass Mega Download Limits.
Google Drive Storage Quota FAQs
Is there a set download limit?
Though it does not have any download limit quota it does prevent users from getting the very same file if it reaches a certain amount of activity within 24 hours time frame.
Are the limits set to 2 GB and can it be increased?
- Open the ZIP file and extract all the contents.
- Choose a few files and compress them to create a ZIP file.
- Download the new one and repeat the steps to get more than 2 GB from the drive.
You can bypass this too by following the steps below:
- You need to clear all the browser cookies and check again.
- On another browser open the drive.
- Make sure you have correct permission to view or edit the file.
- Then from the browser disable VPN extensions.
Can I check my quota status as it’s being used?
It offers users 15 GB of free storage. In some cases, you might find more than 15GB without paying a single penny. To check this you need to log into the drive and find the storage section there on the left side.
FEATURED: Google Search Tips and Tricks List for Power Users.
Google Drive is one of the most secure and popular free cloud storage choices out there. However, as you are aware it has limits on shared drives. We have detailed a working method that you can apply to bypass Google Drive download limits so you can continue your file sharing. If you are still experiencing the quota exceeded error please comment below and we will help you.